I should like to gratefully acknowledge the following sources of information used in this website:-
- Gray's Anatomy (35th Edition), 1975, Published by Longman Group Ltd
- Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction - The Trigger Point Manual, Vol I + II, 1983, Janet G. Travell, David G. Simons, Illustrations by Barbara D. Cummings, Published by Williams and Wilkins.
- Practical Orthopaedic Medicine, 1995, Brian Corrigan, G.D. Maitland, Published by Butterworth Heinemann Ltd.
- Injection Techniques in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, 1997, Stephanie Saunders, Gordon Cameron, Published by W.B. Saunders Company Ltd.
- Cyriax's Illustrated Manual of Orthopaedic Medicine (2nd Edition), 1994, J.H. Cyriax, P.J. Cyriax, Published by Butterworth Heinemann Ltd.
- Ligament and Tendon Relaxation Treated by Prolotherapy (5th Edition), 1993, George Stuart Hackett, Gustav A. Hemwall, Gerald A. Montgomery, Published by Institute in Basic Life Principles, Box One, Oak Brook, IL, 60522-3011, USA.
- Neural Blockade in Clinical Anaesthesia and Management of Pain (2nd Edition), 1988, Michael J. Cousins, Phillip O. Bridenbaugh, Published by J.B. Lippincott Company.
- Illustrated Handbook in Local Anaesthesia (2nd Edition), 1979, Ejnar Eriksson MD, Published by I. CHR. Sorensen & Co., Copenhagen.
- The Abbott Pocket Guide To Practical Peripheral Nerve Blockade (Oct 2003), Dr. Barry Nicholls, Dr. David Conn, Dr. Alice Roberts, Published by Abbott Laboratories Ltd.
- The Crazy World of Hospitals (1990), Cartoons by Bill Stott, Published by Exley Publications Ltd, 16 Chalk Hill, Watford, Herts. WD1 4BN UK.
- Classification of Chronic Pain (1994). Descriptions of Chronic Pain Syndromes and Definitions of Pain Terms (2nd Edition). Task Force on Taxonomy. Dr. Harold Mersky, Dr. Nikolai Bogduk. Published by IASP Press.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium (www.medicines.org.uk) for providing references for drug Summaries of Product Characteristics and Patient Information Leaflets .
- Grateful thanks also extend to the many medical artists whose graphics, cartoons, pictures and diagrams have been used throughout the site making the text come to life.
- Finally, a big thank you to all those who have donated to The Pain Clinic, helping to support it's funding and maintenance.